[announce] Solaris express, aka SunOS5.10 now distinct

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Mar 20 07:16:36 CET 2004

howdy folks,
Just wanted to point out the convergence of a few things:

1. I rewrote the catalog update scripts so that it no longer takes
   10 minutes per arch to update
2. Cyril Plisko submitted a bunch of arch-specific versions of lsof,
   including "SunOS5.10" versions

so... I finally made "5.10" be its own directory, instead of just a symlink
to 5.9

As with the 5.9 directory itself, MOST of the contents of the 5.10
directory will be symlinks to the 5.8 packages.
However, now there is at least the capacity for unique 5.10 packages,
whereas previously, there was not.