[bug-notifications] [texinfo 0004379]: Bash dependancy
Mantis Bug Tracker
noreply at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 27 17:43:46 CET 2010
The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By: yann
Issue ID: 4379
Date Submitted: 2010-03-27 17:43 CET
Last Modified: 2010-03-27 17:43 CET
Summary: Bash dependancy
I saw in bug http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3613 that you depend on
CSWbash as one texinfo script
However there is an info file in bash:
- if texinfo is not installed, I have "CSWtexinfo not found" message.
Installation works but it's not really nice.
- if I depend on texinfo, it a cyclic dependancy as texinfo depend on
I see several solution to this probleme:
- make texinfo scripts use SUN bash instead of OpenCSW one and suppress
- change the "CSWtexinfo not found" message to something nicer, for
example, a message that explain the impact of texinfo not being found (I
don't know it myself) and how to install it;
- do not display a message at all. If someone want info files, it needs
to install texinfo.
solution 2 & 3 would require to have the texinfo postinstall launch
install-info for every info file installed prior the package installation.
It's maybe already done, I have not checked.
What's your opinion on this ?
More information about the bug-notifications