[csw-buildfarm] access to the build-farm

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 16 10:46:14 CET 2008

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Am 15.11.2008 um 19:08 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> How can I access the the new build-farm? Is my public key available on
>> the login and build system(s).
>
> Please send me the current key, so I can set up your account. The

I sent the key in a private message.

> buildfarm documentation is here
>    <http://www.opencsw.org/standards/build_farm.shtml>
> and at the buildfarm in /etc/SETUP.

The cited page is accessible but there is no reference to it on any
other page, such as the stadards page itself or the build standards
page.

>> I searched for a document showing the build-farm infrastructure and
>> instructions on how to use it. Obviously, I didn't find the
>> information. Is the wiki a good place to put this kind of information?
>
> Yes. Feel free to start a wiki page writing up what
> you think is missing :-) The current docs are, well, very basic.

Is there a need to have a specific account for accessing the Wiki?

>> Also, an usage charter for the build-farm(s) is something that should
>> be defined and published.
>
> Umh, build packages for OpenCSW? Anything else?

Exactly that. I think that it must be explicit even if implicitly
is obvious; better to have explicit definitions.
--
Peter FELECAN
mailto:pfelecan at acm.org