[csw-buildfarm] access to the build-farm

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 16 15:38:27 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

Am 16.11.2008 um 10:46 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> buildfarm documentation is here
>>   <http://www.opencsw.org/standards/build_farm.shtml>
>> and at the buildfarm in /etc/SETUP.
>
> The cited page is accessible but there is no reference to it on any
> other page, such as the stadards page itself or the build standards
> page.

It should have a link. Phil, you did link it, yes?

>>> I searched for a document showing the build-farm infrastructure and
>>> instructions on how to use it. Obviously, I didn't find the
>>> information. Is the wiki a good place to put this kind of
>>> information?
>>
>> Yes. Feel free to start a wiki page writing up what
>> you think is missing :-) The current docs are, well, very basic.
>
> Is there a need to have a specific account for accessing the Wiki?

Yes. Please get yourself an account at
   <http://www.wikidot.com/>
and Peter Bonivart will happily give you write permissions. I have
started to write docs for setting up and using build servers at
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildfarm>

>>> Also, an usage charter for the build-farm(s) is something that
>>> should
>>> be defined and published.
>>
>> Umh, build packages for OpenCSW? Anything else?
>
> Exactly that. I think that it must be explicit even if implicitly
> is obvious; better to have explicit definitions.

Added to the wiki.