[csw-buildfarm] Please remove libtool dependency

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 15 17:23:54 CET 2009

Hi Mike,

Am 15.02.2009 um 17:15 schrieb Mike Watters:
> I can wait.
>  	I am rebuilding Subversion to get a new version of pysvn in prep for
> python 2.6.  At this point I am making sure I can compile everything
> cleanly with the installed packages mainly to get them updated to
> gar v2
> and/or get them converted to gar.

Cool, subversion. I also tried, but stuck on the java bindings.
Please also try a 64 bit build. IIRC the Perl module needs 64
bit to be largefile-enabled.

> I am working with all the dependencies of python who's maintainer
> is not
> marked active.

I maintain pylibxml2. Anything other needed than recompile?

> subversion compile also uses the libtool
> /opt/csw/apache2/lib/libaprutil-1.la
> I have never removed those so I don't know if it will break anything.
> It reference libiconv and libexpat.  I know editing the libtool files
> with the appropriate library requirements replacing the libtool files
> won't break anything.

I have libtool 2.2.4 in testing, but got zero feedback. Please
give it a try if you have time.