[csw-buildfarm] Add xterm-color to login.opencsw.org

Chad Harp harpchad at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 18 18:47:17 CET 2009

Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Chad Harp's message of Fri Feb 13 19:15:52 -0500 2009:
>
> Hi Chad,
>
>> Can the xterm-color def be added to login.opencsw.org?  It'll make my
>> screen session happier.
>
> I thought this would be a good addition too, but did a little more
> digging after chatting with Dago.  It seems that the file already
> exists (/opt/csw/share/terminfo/x/xterm-color) but isn't referenced by
> default.  If you set TERMINFO to /opt/csw/share/terminfo in whatever
> shell you're using you should get a working terminal description.
>
> Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
>
> Thanks
> -Ben

The terminfo man page agrees that should work, but for some reason it
doesn't.  Oh well, this isn't worth spending much time on, I can just
use dtterm.

harpchad at login (CSW)$ ls $TERMINFO/x/xterm-color
/opt/csw/share/terminfo/x/xterm-color
harpchad at login (CSW)$ screen -r
Cannot find terminfo entry for 'xterm-color'.