[csw-buildfarm] BO buildfarm: bad performance

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 12 23:43:42 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> The buildfarm at BO is extremely slow at the moment -- it takes 10
> seconds to start vim. Would be great if someone could have a look into that.

the buildfarm seems to be suffering again from poor IO performance.

My ack tests that usually take about 1 minute max have been running for
about half an hour now on build8x. asvc_t for my NFS mounted home (as
seen in "iostat -xnc 30") was about 1500 ms. Running "mkfile 10m
~/tmp/foobar" just now for testing purposes even gave me a wsvc_t of
60749.4.

Any idea what is killing the IO here? Is there a known IO bottleneck
during a certain time of the day due to backups? Apart from the last
time when Ihsan mailed, i had not experienced such wait times before.

Sebastian