[csw-buildfarm] gcc from opt/csw/ picks non-system zlib

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 9 15:11:13 CET 2010

2010/2/9 Török Edwin <edwin at clamav.net>:
> Hi,
>
> While investigating a ClamAV bugreport [1] on Solaris, I was wondering
> why the Solaris9 buildbot didn't catch that problem [2].
>
> I have a few questions:
>  - what do you use to build OpenCSW packages? gcc or SunCC?

We build on Solaris 8 with Sun Studio 11.

>  - if you use SunCC is there a way to make sure that ClamAV is linked
> against 1.2.3 (and not the system 1.1.4) on Solaris9 for the opencsw
> ClamAV packages?
>  - do you run make check when building the opencsw package?

Yes, here's the summary from 0.95.3:

*** Unit tests disabled in this build
*** Use ./configure --enable-check to enable them

SKIP: check_clamav
PASS: check_freshclam.sh
PASS: check_sigtool.sh
PASS: check1_clamscan.sh
PASS: check2_clamd.sh

*** Unit tests disabled in this build
*** Use ./configure --enable-check to enable them

PASS: check3_clamd.sh
PASS: check4_clamd.sh
*** valgrind tests skipped by default, use 'make check VG=1' to activate
SKIP: check5_clamd_vg.sh
*** valgrind tests skipped by default, use 'make check VG=1' to activate
SKIP: check6_clamd_vg.sh
*** valgrind tests skipped by default, use 'make check VG=1' to activate
SKIP: check7_clamd_hg.sh
*** valgrind tests skipped by default, use 'make check VG=1' to activate
SKIP: check8_clamd_hg.sh
======================
All 6 tests passed
(5 tests were not run)
======================

>  - why does gcc link to /opt/csw/lib? I didn't ask it to do that (no -L
> flags). It should link with /usr/lib provided files. (and apparently
> /opt/csw/include is in the include path too).
>  - how is /usr/sfw/bin/gcc different from /opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc?
> I can't find /usr/sfw/bin/gcc on the buildfarm, however it is installed
> on login.

We never use the compiler provided by Sun (/usr/sfw/bin/gcc), only our
own packages. That's probably why you only find it on login which is
not a build host.

I'm sure Dagobert will jump in to take on the linking questions.

--
/peter