[csw-buildfarm] Testing10x root access

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 21 16:24:23 CET 2010

Hi William, hi Ben,

Am 20.02.2010 um 19:21 schrieb William Bonnet:
> Please could i have root access to this box (as i have to t8{x,s} boxes ?

You and Ben have now sudo on testing10x

> I would like to install packages needed to compile X11 on the testing machines.
>
> I also noticed that the hostname is testing10x. testing8x also exist, but it was know at the beginning as build8xt or test8x. test10x and build10xt do not exist.
>
> Would it be possible to make the different names consistent ? either by addind or removing some name ?

Initially we had build*x build*xt, then someone suggested that
testing*x would be better, so made CNAMES. But those were
physical machines. I am now moving them to VMware instanced
one-by-one and the machine names may not point to different
hosts (old vs. new). I'll do my best to clean that up soon.
I will also make an announcement on maintainers.