[csw-buildfarm] [csw-maintainers] BerkeleyDB upgrade

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 22 16:48:30 CEST 2010

Hi Rupert,

Am 22.07.2010 um 16:42 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:17, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi Rupert,
>>
>> Am 06.06.2010 um 07:22 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>>>
>>> which machine should i use for sparc, as
>>>
>>> rupert at current9s:~
>>> $ ls -l /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libdb-4.7.so
>>> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     other          36 Oct 19  2009
>>> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libdb-4.7.so ->
>>> ../../bdb47/lib/sparcv9/libdb-4.7.so
>>>
>>> rupert at current9s:~
>>> $ date
>>> Sun Jun  6 00:20:21 CDT 2010
>>
>> Umh, I am pretty sure I removed it from the machine. I have again
>> removed
>> it, maybe a package upgrade of something triggered the reinstall??
>
> as apr-util does not support bdb-4.8 i tried to compile it with
> bdb-4.7. there i got the following error:
>
> RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWapr-util += CSWbdb
> Applying the overrides and analyzing the results.
> If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can override
> them
> pasting the lines below to the GAR recipe.
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWapr-util +=
> deprecated-library|opt/csw/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db-1.so|Deprecated|
> Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWapr-util +=
> deprecated-library|opt/csw/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db-1.so|Deprecated|
> Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWapr-util += missing-dependency|CSWbdb
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWapr-util += surplus-dependency|CSWbdb47
> Please note that checkpkg isn't suggesting you should simply add
> these overrides
> do the Makefile.  It only informs what the overrides could look
> like.  You need
> to understand what are the reported issues about and use your best
> judgement to
> decide whether to fix the underlying problems or override them. For
> more
> information, scroll up and read the detailed messages.
> ERROR: Modular checks are reporting errors.

Ideally applications should runtime-link against /opt/csw/bdb47/
first. GAR does
EXTRA_LIB first this way, so it must be some kind of inconsistency in
the upstream Makefile
prepending /opt/csw/lib.

> would it be possible to remove bdb from the buildfarm, so new packages
> use the correct lib when built?

I don't know, there may be packages depending on it. The dependency
listing on
   http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWbdb/
is not that exact. Maybe Maciej has a more accurate information about
packages
linking to /opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so