[csw-buildfarm] Fwd: Maintainer

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Oct 23 11:56:06 CEST 2010

Hi Jon,

nice to see you around again :-)
(We worked together on SE Toolkit some time ago, btw I also made
a package for SE Toolkit which you may want to co-maintain)

Am 23.10.2010 um 02:01 schrieb Jon Craig:
> I'm resending this as I received no response to the first request.  I
> suspect its caught in the buildfarm lists lint trap as I wasn't
> subscribed when I first sent it.  Of course I didn't realize I needed
> to be subscribed as I simply clicked the "request buildfarm resources"
> on the contribute page.

I think it already is open for posting by anybody.

Ihsan: Is buildfarm@ moderated or subscribers only?

> Please advise as to whether resources are
> available as I need to get going on some packages.  I have resources
> but felt it might be easier (setup wise) to use a provided environment
> while I gain a better understanding of whats involved.

Good.

This sounds like you want to join the project and maintain some Perl
modules, excellent! We will need one email sent from your work email
address for identity verification (I already know you, but these are
the project rules...) and your ssh public key. Is your SF username
still jonbcraig ?

The Perl modulare are built with "GAR", please see
   http://gar.opencsw.org
for an introduction. A built recipe is usually quite short, e.g.
   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/cpan/Algorithm-Diff/trunk/Makefile
The heavy lifting is all done in the GAR packaging framework.