[csw-buildfarm] Latest libffi/libffidevel on build servers

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 18 01:43:29 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Jens Deppe's message of Fri Sep 17 17:55:05 -0400 2010:

Hi Jens,

> I'm trying to build the latest version of Ruby (1.9.2 p0) and am
> running into a compiler issue related to libffi headers. The fix
> appears to be in libffi 3.0.9 (which is in svn), but the build
> servers still have 3.0.8. Would it be possible to update the build
> servers to the latest libffi/libffidevel (3.0.9)?

The policy is that the buildfarm (current* boxen) only get packages
available from the current catalog.  There are testing* boxen that we
can use to put things from experimental into play when required.

When you say that 3.0.9 is in svn, do that mean there is an updated
GAR recipe for it?  If so, the best approach is to ping the maintainer[1]
for an update and if there's no active maintainer, take it over! :)

HTH.
-Ben

[1] In this case, Mike Watters is on 'sabbatical' so you'd be best to
    roll the updated package yourself.
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS