[csw-buildfarm] [csw-maintainers] pkg-config failure unstable9[xs]

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 5 15:55:04 CEST 2011

Hi John,

Am 05.06.2011 um 15:30 schrieb John Ellson:
> On 06/04/2011 08:07 PM, Ben Walton wrote:
>> I just installed CSWlibpixman-dev on the unstable* hosts.  It wasn't
>> there at all.  That seems to make unstable9x look like current9x.
>
> Thanks
>> Let me know if you spot any other issues.
>
> I believe the libxml2 package on current9[xs] is newer than on
> unstable9[sx] ?
> From diff'ing the two /opt/csw/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlversion.h I get:
> < #define LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION "2.7.8"
> ---
>> #define LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION "2.7.7"
>

> This is causing some unresolved symbols in ImageMagick.   Could you
> update CSWlibxml2 on unstable please?

This does not look good:

unstable9x# pkgutil -c libxml2
package                   installed                 catalog
CSWlibxml2                2.7.8,REV=2011.03.21      SAME
CSWlibxml2-2              2.7.8,REV=2011.03.24      SAME
CSWlibxml2devel           2.7.7,REV=2010.04.10      SAME

Ben: Would you mind having a look and re-release the devel package?

> [ BTW How to I list  the installed package with its package version
> number?   "pkg-get -l" just gives me the name ]

Try
  pkgutil -c libxml2
as seen above.

> I'm also seeing a problem with Undefined symbol:
>    XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /lib/libX11.so.4
>
> Is that something you might recognise?

Yes, these are still artifacts from
  http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-x11
where we tried to build the complete set against an OpenCSW X11. However,
this doesn't prove good and the above error is an indication of mixed
libx11.so.4 and libx11.so.6 linkage. The correct action is to find the
"old" package and rebuild it against SUNW x11.