[csw-buildfarm] Fwd: OpenCSW catalog update report (ganglia)

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 27 16:03:58 CET 2011

On 27/11/11 20:04, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 26.11.2011 um 04:05 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Could you please consider:
>>
>> a) installing gangliaagent on one or more build farm machines for
>> monitoring?  (You need to install the gangliaweb package on an Apache
>> machine to view the metrics, and gangliaagent on all machines to be
>> monitored)
>
> Done on unstable10*

I can see it running on unstable10x, but on unstable10s,

svcs | grep gmon

shows nothing.

Also, which machine will run the web interface (CSWgangliaweb)?  I see a
list of the PHP scripts if I navigate to
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/ganglia/
it seems that Apache is not 100% happy, it should automatically load
index.php.  I built a fresh Solaris 10 x86 install in a VM today and
deployed CSWgangliaweb and it worked instantly, is there possibly some
legacy configuration in your Apache or PHP settings?

Also, the package I put out yesterday was a big broken, the ones I put
out today are much better.

>> b) installing ganglia-dev on the unstable10[sx] machines, it is needed
>> for building other packages containing Ganglia plugins
>
> Done.

Great

>> I am going to try and build a package that polls any kstat metric - if
>> you look at my patch enabling PCRE in the Ganglia config, and the sample
>> multicpu config based on PCRE, I'm sure you can imagine many ways to use
>> it with kstat - any suggestions are welcome
>>
>> http://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ganglia/trunk/monitor-core/gmond/modules/conf.d/multicpu.conf?revision=2638&view=markup
>
> This looks very promising. Redoing the same metrics as the ones from orcallator
> come to my mind:
>   https://github.com/dago/orca/blob/master/data_gatherers/orcallator/orcallator.se

Funny you should say that, it is exactly the same request that I got
from the UNIX support team when I was working on Ganglia full time in
London.