[csw-buildfarm] Solaris account access

Michael Kerrisk mtk.manpages at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:02:58 CET 2012

Hello,

I am the maintainer of the Linux man-pages project
(http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/). From time to time, I find it
useful to make comparative tests on other systems, especially Solaris,
to note portability points in the Linux man pages. Until recently, I
had access to a Solaris system for this purpose, but that system has
now gone away, and I'm looking for a replacement. Pádraig informed me
that OpenCSW may be able to provide me with such an account, so I am
writing to you with this request.

To make my requirements clearer: I'd only be using this login
occasionally (probably weeks between logins) and running small test
programs (we're talking code with minimal CPU and RAM requirements),
generally written in C, sometimes with supporting shell scripts for
test set up. Ideally, I'm looking access to Solaris 9 or 10, but even
systems as far back as Solaris 8 would be interesting to me.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk