[csw-buildfarm] Better security for home directories

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon May 6 21:56:05 CEST 2013

2013/5/6 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Not having NFS mounts there would increase the storage requirements
> although by how much I don't know...is that a concern Dago?  It's also
> less convenient although that shouldn't be a deal breaker overall, I
> don't think.

In general, I don't like it when people build packages on the
experimental hosts. They should be for testing, not for building. I
know there are some edge cases, but if someone really needs a custom
environment for tinkering, they can set up a virtual machine in my
opinion. If someone really wants, they can copy some files over; one
directory with a recipe is enough I think, you don't have to copy the
whole tree. (If you do have to copy the whole tree, we'll make changes
to mgar so that it's no longer a requirement.)

Maciej