Ruby CI on Solaris

Dagobert Michelsen via buildfarm buildfarm at lists.opencsw.org
Fri Apr 10 11:43:47 CEST 2015

Hi Jan,

Am 10.04.2015 um 08:26 schrieb NARUSE, Yui <naruse at airemix.jp>:
>>> Yeah, I know there's GNU tools in /opt/csw/{bin,gnu}.
>>> I couldn't build a ruby which can use gem because openssl in /usr/lib
>>> is too old and the one in /opt/csw/lib cause SEGV.
>>
>> ah so we have another tool that brakes on our openssl at the Moment.
>> Is this sparc or x86?

>> @Dago did someone open a bug against openssl to stop it from promoting
>> into testing?
>> If not could you please do so. We should get that fixed.

Yes, here is the bug report:
  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5237

> It is sparc.
> /usr/lib one is too old to support SNI.
> /opt/csw one SEGVs on connect.

@Yui san (is this correct? Our japanese intern says so ;)
This is probably due to a problem in our current libssl on Sparc,
the build is heavily patched to use the cpu crypto hardware
acceleration and used to work up to 1.0.1l.

> I can build ruby with /home/rubyci/sparc-solaris2.10/openssl ,
> which is openssl-1.0.1m with `./config
> --prefix=$HOME/sparc-solaris2.10/openssl shared`.

I guess this is a viable workaround.

Best regards

  — Dago