trying to improve mandoc Solaris support

Ingo Schwarze via buildfarm buildfarm at lists.opencsw.org
Wed Mar 18 16:14:42 CET 2015

Hi Dagobert,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote on Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 03:41:30PM +0100:
> Am 18.03.2015 um 15:13 schrieb Ingo Schwarze <schwarze at usta.de>:

>> this is the maintainer of mandoc (mdocml.bsd.lv) speaking.
>>
>> For the last few years, the result of asking for release testing
>> of mandoc has consistently been that a large fraction of portability
>> issues reported, and in particular usually the most severe ones,
>> up to and including incomplete POSIX support, were related to
>> commercial SUN Solaris or Oracle Solaris platforms - compared to
>> that, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD and DragonFly very rarely cause
>> portability issues, and the issues that arise on Linux are typically
>> easy to solve.  Even illumos appears to be less hostile to foreign
>> software than commercial Solaris...
>>
>> So it might make sense that i do systematic testing of mandoc
>> on commercial Solaris.  Is that possible with your project?
>> A Solaris 10 user (Sevan Janiyan) pointed me to
>>
>>  http://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
>>
>> which seems to indicate just that.

> Sure, our buildfarm is equipped with Solaris 8, 9, 10 and 11 both
> Sparc and x86 and multiple compilers. Just send me your ssh public
> key and intended user name and I???ll set up an account for you.

User name (if still free):  schwarze
Real name:  Ingo Schwarze
Project name:  mandoc
Project homepage:  mdocml.bsd.lv

SSH public key:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQC8rsUvXcSVqeclE+hihGHTucaHABskYr7PRJSeGyjwPBYv6A7a2ExtrwNhoWFLRN8aGEEdJ6DrQedmQappjLsM7ySmI5EGTYfkfV9PrfRVbzaonb7e11g+OQ8Yt4CQpC7TNlHpLQO5e9g6ief4EBzWNVT2ZuHXLF1+VqTTohxTVcTCh0kYXwFVgef76TR3InvYh/cCtOFatd5g9/C8r/rs7922zW/Lu36MFprioO7I9NF6L3aJZiMEbp0ll1N4MIzD+eD0IFp1sGKG+3h3LByRVyXVUyGB6In8mN1i2LFWQiXHjdzpHl4hH3UrBHSjalAaszCmDg+cNmZjanU+pmGb schwarze at isnote.usta.de

Thanks!
  Ingo