Buildfarm offer for Solaris

Francesco Chemolli via buildfarm buildfarm at lists.opencsw.org
Wed May 13 16:47:26 CEST 2015

Hi,
  I've done some testing but without full success so far. You can find
my results here:

http://build.squid-cache.org/job/trunk-opensolaris-matrix/

In short, I was able to nudge our Jenkins in connecting to the build
nodes through the login server and to run a test build.
There is a strange incompatibility in the berkeley db library: it
relies on some types (u_int_{16,32,64}) which are not defined anywhere
in the system headers (the standard is uint_{16,32,64}). Another small
difficulty is that Solaris lacks vfork(2) in favor of posix_spawn
(which is not present on any other mainstream OS that I know of).

I had to install to the user's home directory some software; it'd be
nice if it could become part of the standard software setup of the
build nodes: that's bzr (http://bazaar.canonical.com/en/) and
libcppunit. Do you think it could be arranged?

Thanks!