Developer Studio 12.5 and 12.6 available?

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Thu Aug 16 18:30:41 CEST 2018

Hi Dago,

I just installed it:

>   unstable10x  12.5 and 12.6
>   unstable10s  12.5 and 12.6
>   unstable11x  12.5, requires kernel update which requires disk increase
> in VMware, will do tomorrow
>   unstable11s  requires kernel update, as this is a non-global zone I need
> a timewindow for all zones
>
> I also patched all installed compilers on unstable10s and unstable10x to
> the most recent patchlevel.
> unstable11* will be patched together with the kernel later.

That's awesome!  Thanks!

We are currently provising CMake 3.4.3:
>   https://www.opencsw.org/packages/cmake/
>
> If the most recent version builds cleanly please drop me a note and I’ll
> update our package.

It does, there's just a few.  I just built the 3.12.1 release on u10s so I
can use it to drive nightly builds.  I built it with gcc5, but I believe
devstudio 12.x should be fine too.  Basically CMake needs a C++11 compiler
to build.  To bootstrap it, I used the following:

CC=gcc CXX=g++ ./bootstrap --system-libs --no-system-librhash
--no-system-jsoncpp --no-system-libuv --parallel=16
--prefix=${HOME}/dashboards/support/sparc/cmake-3.12.1 --
-DCMAKE_NCURSES_LIBRARY=IGNORE

CMake actually requires CMake to build so to address the chicken-egg
problem the ./bootstrap shell script in the top level CMake source manually
compiles a a bare-bones feature-reduced version of CMake which it then uses
to configure and build the full CMake.  In general, as a backager, you'll
want to rely on external versions of third party libraries as much as
possible, hence the --system-libs flag.  Some are not always available
though, hence the --no-system-{librhash,jsoncpp,libuv} flags.  The trailing
-DCMAKE_NCURSES_LIBRARY=IGNORE deals with a mismatch and confusion that
happens from CMake getting mixed up between the core system curses and the
csw ncurses library.  So the extra flag makes CMake unable to successfully
locate ncurses and fallback to curses, which ends up working correctly.

I should be able to have a nightly build going on most of the machines in a
few days.

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.