sdaoden@: i have messed up my login, would you be so kind and help out?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Jan 4 16:30:31 CET 2018

Hello.

I thought i try it once more in 2018.

i wrote:
 ||Last week the USB stick with my credentials disappeared from my
 ||purse and i had to rotate all my keys etc.

Fyi: that has been found again, and it did not even leave the
house in my purse.  Luckily!
Nonetheless..

 ||During that process i seem to have messed up my login at OpenCSW,
 ||maybe i have copied the wrong public key, i do not know, the

This however is still true.  Unfortunately.  And i have no trace
of my password, too, even at the prompt no memory appears.
It is terrible!

 ||process lasted until deep in the night?
 |
 |It would be tremendous if i could log into the OpenCSW cluster
 |again!  I had to releas a new bugfix version without Solaris check

Oh yes, please, it would be nice to see whether that setpflags()
call is correct, for example.

 |in the meantime, but none of the changes should affect Solaris
 |portability in any way so no problem.
 |I can proceed to the login prompt, but, it is quite embarassing,
 |i do not know the password anymore, either.
 |
 |I am very sorry.
 |Thanks in advance for any action from your side.
 |I mean, if you somehow can, you could also just restore the old
 |public key and i will try via ssh -i with the old private key and
 |fix whatever i have messed up with authorized_keys, something i do
 |not really understand it must be (only OpenCSW update failed).
 |And change my password.
 |Thanks again.

I concur!

--steffen