Access to SPARC hardware

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 19 16:50:18 CEST 2018

Hi Jeffrey,

Am 19.07.2018 um 16:37 schrieb Jeffrey Walton via users <users at lists.opencsw.org>:
> I help with several open source projects. I'm trying to gain access to
> a SPACRC machine and possibly Sun Studio so I can test on SPARC using
> SunCC. We currently test on Intel hardware with both GCC and SunCC,
> and both are OK. I've learned SunCC can be full of surprises and I
> would really like to get some time on SPARC with or without SunCC.
>
> My first question is, does anyone offer or provide SSH access to SPARC hardware?

Yes, OpenCSW already does for a lot of opensource projects:
  https://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
If you are interested just let me know.

> I see there is a Build Farm wiki entry at
> https://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-maintainers/buildfarm-setup.html .
> GCC maintains a Compile Farm at https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/. The
> GCC Compile Farm supplies many cpu arch's configured with different
> packages and compilers for testing. The GCC compile farm is available
> to free and open software developers.

Good to know.

> A second question is, does the OpenCSW build farm work like the GCC
> Compile Farm?

Sort of, you login to a jump machine and from there you have access to
the build servers for the different OS levels and architectures.

Best regards

  — Dago