access request for hwloc

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at inria.fr
Sun Jul 22 22:54:51 CEST 2018

Hello

Thanks a lot, it works.

Do you know if there's a reason why prtpicl doesn't work on the sparc
machines (while it works on the x86 machines)? On unstable11s, prtpicl
doesn't seem to be available. On unstable10s, it fails "picl_initialize
failed: Daemon not responding". On unstable9s, it returns nothing.

hwloc uses PICL to detect CPU and cache information on Sparc. It works
fine on T5 to T8. Oracle gave us some code to handle PICL outputs from
Sparc VI to M8. So I guess it could work here but I don't know where to
debug this.

Thanks

Brice