tcpdump on open solaris

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 19 17:46:15 CEST 2019

Hi Michael,

Am 19.09.2019 um 16:59 schrieb Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca>:
> I see:
>
>  checking for capable lex... insufficient
>  configure: error: flex is insufficient to compile libpcap.
>   libpcap requires Flex 2.5.31 or later, or a compatible version of lex.
>
> This was on unstable9s, which I picked because it was the first on the list :-)
>
> I can obviously --prefix=$HOME install it, but maybe I am just missing $PATH
> entries that would get it for me?

Yes, please quickly walk through
  https://www.opencsw.org/manual/
especially
  https://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-developers/index.html

There is also the CI with
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?category=libpcap
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?category=tcpdump
where you can dive in to the build flags including pathes.

> {I sometimes miss SunOS 4.1.3}

That precedes my career, I started with Solaris 2.5.1 in 1997 :-)

Best regards

  — Dago