Strange problems with GCC compile farm nodes gcc210 and gcc211

Jacob Bachmeyer jcb62281 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 05:33:37 CEST 2021

I have two problems to report:

1.  A "git push" to a repository on gcc210 (gcc-solaris10) fails with
"sh: git-receive-pack: not found" and "ssh gcc210 env" gives a clue:
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin

Shell sessions there have "PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/csw/bin" and (of
course, according to Murphy) `which git-receive-pack` returns
"/opt/csw/bin/git-receive-pack".  I would like to request that
/opt/csw/bin be added to the PATH set by sshd if that is possible.

2.  In a first effort at a workaround, I decided to try pushing to the
same repository on gcc211, only to find that sshd on that zone does not
accept the same public key that works at gcc210.

Using ssh -vvv and comparing the output, the relevant parts seem to be:

(for gcc210)
debug1: Offering public key: [...]
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 533
debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp
e1:ab:01:77:ea:b9:53:32:e1:b8:c0:16:08:fc:7a:04

(for gcc211)
debug1: Offering public key: [...]
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,password,keyboard-interactive

I have no idea why gcc210 accepts my key while gcc211 does not.

For now, I have been able to move testing commits for DejaGnu to gcc210
using Git bundles and scp, but I would like to be able to run more
extensive tests on Solaris 11.

-- Jacob