Buildfarm access for porting software to solaris?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 25 20:09:08 CET 2023

Hi Eli,

> Am 25.12.2023 um 03:15 schrieb Eli Schwartz <eschwartz93 at gmail.com>:
> I have seen some mention on a couple of GNU mailing lists about the
> possibility of a shell account on a solaris box for platform testing,
> but I cannot find details about what this entails exactly. Apologies if
> directly emailing you is the wrong way to do this...
>

> I'm an upstream maintainer for https://github.com/mesonbuild, a popular
> cross-platform build system. It's shipped in Solaris since 2020:
> https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/post/announcing-oracle-solaris-114-sru19
>
> and used by various software such as the X11 stack, various other
> freedesktop stuff, Gnome, and a lot of Linux userland bits.
>
> We (obviously) support Solaris. The issue is that we don't have any
> automated testing, and a lot of what we mean by "support" is "Alan
> Coopersmith sometimes submits bug fixes" combined with casual one-off
> contributions.

Haha :-) Greetings to Alan!

> I would really love to polish off the corners, though,
> and help avoid regressions in new releases -- something that is hard to
> do without at least manual shell access for testing, and ideally some
> form of buildbot testing.
>
> Is this something that can be arranged?

Sure, you can either have an upstream account at the OpenCSW buildfarm
  https://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
or you could use the access of the GCC compilefarm which also includes some of
our Solaris machines (gcd210 and gcc211):
  https://portal.cfarm.net/machines/list/

For the former I would need your intended user name, ssh public key and
permission to list you on the upstream page.
The the latter you can request an account here:
  https://portal.cfarm.net/users/new/

Happy christmas and best regards

  — Dago