compiler used to build perl for XS extensions not found on cfarm211

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Jan 24 09:55:53 CET 2024

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 08:48:38PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> > Am 21.01.2024 um 19:20 schrieb Patrice Dumas via buildfarm <buildfarm at lists.opencsw.org>:
> > I am trying to rebuild and test GNU Texinfo on the Solaris 11 Cfarm,
> > cfarm211.  This is in order to investigate a failure on the opencsw
> > build farm buildbot for GNU Texinfo, and also more generally to be able
> > to test GNU Texinfo directly on cfarm211.

For the record, although I am not so sure that it is very interesting,
to make it work, in addition to some changes in the Texinfo source
mainly needed to handle automake 1.6.1, I got Texinfo to build with
everything needed by texi2any set by:

* installing help2man
* installing Data::Compare
 cpan Data::Compare
* installing an older Test::Deep
 cpan> o conf urllist push http://backpan.perl.org/
 cpan RJBS/Test-Deep-1.127.tar.gz

and calling configure as

./configure PERL=/opt/csw/bin/perl GAWK=/opt/csw/bin/gawk

For gawk it is to have gawk > 4, the system gawk is 3.1.8.

--
Pat