[csw-devel] Some packages are missing the .pc-Files

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:19:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

a few days ago I tried to compile Firefox 3.0b5 on Solaris 10/Sparc.
To make messing with dependencies easier for me, I downloaded the
current firefox2 blastwave package and gave configure a try.
It fails while trying to locate some pkgconfig-files - or the files it
found belonged to older packages, e.g. from /usr/sfw. I adjusted
PKG_CONFIG_PATH so that pkgconfig would search in
/opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig, but still no luck.
It turned out that some Blastwave packages obviously are missing the .pc files.
I checked this for gtk+-2.0.pc and for dbus-glib. The problem is that
the configure script terminates on every missing .pc-file.

Are these files missing intentionally, or should I file a bug report
for both packages?

Here's pkginfo -l on both packages:

% pkginfo -l CSWdbusglib
   PKGINST:  CSWdbusglib
      NAME:  dbus_glib - DBus GLib Bindings
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  0.73,REV=2007.06.10
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-glib/ packaged
for CSW by William Bonnet
    PSTAMP:  wbonnet at ra-20070610165915
  INSTDATE:  Apr 02 2008 10:54
   HOTLINE:  http://www.blastwave.org/bugtrack/
     EMAIL:  wbonnet at blastwave.org
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:        5 installed pathnames
                   3 executables
                 422 blocks used (approx)

% pkginfo -l CSWgtk2
   PKGINST:  CSWgtk2
      NAME:  gtk2 - GTK+, The multiplatform X11 toolkit for GUI development
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  2.12.3
   BASEDIR:  /