[csw-devel] Building GIT

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 16 14:55:16 CET 2008

Excerpts from Trygve Laugstøl's message of Tue Dec 16 05:51:53 -0500 2008:
> Oki. Go get it working I also had to skip the tests as there was a
> couple of them that suddenly asked me for input. Is that expected?

Well, I hadn't seen that behaviour, but I do know there are some
bash-isms lurking in some of the install script stuff.  I haven't
spent time on that yet, as I felt that getting the foundation for
xmlto and asciidoc in place was the first priority.

I really only got the GAR description to the point where I knew that
there was no point going forward until foundation was laid, so don't
expect anything useful from it and you won't be disappointed! <grin>

On the plus side, I think I may finally be becoming someone that
curses when they see bash-isms in /bin/sh scripts! :)

I'm _hoping_ I can get this all put together by Friday, as I'd rather
not futz with it over the holidays (but I will if I need to)...

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.