[csw-devel] Next build farm...

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Nov 19 14:41:46 CET 2008

Hi Frederic

> ESX isn't free even for non-commercial use, you have also the free
> VMware server 2 but it's based on ESX and will probably not support
> Solaris 8

I think VMWare have splitted ESX server in two products, one is free,
but does not offer all the functionnalities (like vmotion etc.).

> What about using Solaris 8 container in Solaris 10 ?

It's not available for x86
> Which LDAP server will you use ?
> How do you plan to secure LDAP connections ?

Discussion is in progress :) Help is welcomed ;)
> Why not to have an LDAP master somewhere and read-only replicas in
> each build farms.

That's what we are going to do, at least to begin with. Master should be
at bo build-farm. I will try t setup auth against this ldap, with
automatic /home creation.
> If you need help I'm a (Sun) LDAP expert.

cool :)

Once FF3 finished, i'll ask you for some help / advices. At least... but
if you want to involve more than "helping" on the LDAP subject i think
it will be also very welcomed.

cheers
W.