[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[13007] csw/mgar/pkg/krb5-lib/trunk

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 19 20:21:12 CET 2011

Hi Maciej,

Am 19.01.2011 um 12:02 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> No dia 19 de Janeiro de 2011 10:08,
> <dmichelsen at users.sourceforge.net> escreveu:
>> +# This is a private library
>> +#PACKAGES += CSWlibgssrpc4
>> +#CATALOGNAME_CSWlibgssrpc4 = libgssrpc4
>> +#PKGFILES_CSWlibgssrpc4 += $(call baseisadirs,$(libdir),libgssrpc\.so\.4(\.\d+)*)
>> +#SPKG_DESC_CSWlibgssrpc4 += MIT Kerberos 5 core libraries, libgssrpc.so.4
>
> If it is a private library, perhaps it's a good idea to make sure it
> stays private by moving it out of /opt/csw/lib?  On the other hand, if
> other packages may link to it, perhaps it's best to devote a specific
> package to it?
>
> I cheated and used debtree to see dependent packages of libgssrpc4.
> There are a few other libraries that depend on this one.  It seems to
> me like there are enough complicated dependencies to try to be on the
> safe side: split them off.  This is my personal opinion, anyway.
> <libgssrpc4-deps.png>

I updated Kerberos to 1.9 today and it looks very promising -
just one test is failing due to an installed version of the
same package superseding locally built ones. I think we can
go ahead and really try to update that and Cyrus SASL. To
my knowledge this only leaves PHP as tier-1 (and may mysql)
(and postgres) (umhh.....)