[csw-devel] Errors from: csw-upload-pkg newpkgs/gd-2.0.36RC1/*

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 1 13:48:46 CEST 2011

2011/6/1 John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org>:
> On 06/01/2011 07:28 AM, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
>>
>> By the way, why don't you run Solaris 10 in Virtualbox?  It's very
>> easy to use and you get a Solaris instance that you have total control
>> of.  All you need is a couple of gigabytes of disk space and maybe
>> half a gig of RAM on your workstation or laptop.
>
> I have kvm on my home machine running multiple build hosts (fedora and
> centos so far). Is there a solaris image that I can use on that? URL?

I'm unaware of a ready image.  I suppose that you could boot from a
DVD as downloaded from Oracle and boot the installer from it.  The kvm
website mentions successes with Solaris, but usually a bit of tweaking
is necessary.

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Guest_Support_Status#UNIX_Family:_Solaris.2FOpenSolaris

The last time I tried Solaris on kvm, it didn't work, so don't expect
the flawless installation experience you get on VirtualBox.

Maciej