[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[14667] csw/mgar/pkg/graphviz/trunk/Makefile

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue May 31 09:48:57 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org>:
> On 05/30/2011 08:03 PM, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
>> In the meantime, I've submitted the a change to the graphviz build recipe:
>>
>> - Removed the "ENABLE_CHECK = 0" line
>> - Removed most of the overrides
>> - Split off shared libraries to own packages (used the code generated
>> by checkpkg)
>> - Adjusted a number of dependencies (both missing and surplus)
>
> Thanks. OK, but won't this "splitting off shared libraries" also need to
> be done to graphviz-2.26.3 if the goal is to retain the older libs for
> use by ImageMagic?

Yes, to provide the older libraries, they need to be repackaged as
well.  The split off done in the current version of graphviz is for
the sake of future programs that might link to them.

> Re:
>        CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgraphviztcl +=
> soname-not-found|libgraph.so.4|is|needed|by|opt/csw/lib/graphviz/tcl/libgv_tcl.so
>    ... and 29 similar soname-not-found messgaes
>
> If I add these overrides for soname-not found (not found because the
> soname is in the new  packages)  will that actually suppress future
> checks, or do the check messages still occur but the package is allowed
> to proceed?

If you override these errors, your packages will be let through, at
both the preliminary stage, and into the catalog.

> In this case, I really want to say that these sonames are provided, so
> don't bug me!   (Thats probably why I had ENABLE_CHECK=0)   Of course,
> it would be better if checkpkg actually noticed by itself that they were
> being provided.

True. If these libraries are provided, but checkpkg thinks that
they're not, then you've found a bug.

Maciej