[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[16012] csw/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/Makefile

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 27 09:51:20 CEST 2011

* Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizi??ski's message of Wed Oct 26 18:21:02 -0400 2011:
>
> > These errors aren't about the location, they are about the file type:
> > *.pyc.  You don't need to include the *.pyc files in the package. They
> > are best excluded.  You can exclude them by setting the
> > EXTRA_MERGE_EXCLUDE_FILES to for example .*\.pyc
>
> I looked at the python category file and it doesn't set this
> vaule...I'd argue that it should.
>
> I think that we should add:
>
> _MERGE_EXCLUDE_CATEGORY += .*pyc
>
> to v2/categories/python/category.mk
>
> Any objections?

A pyc exlusion for the python category is already in place. It's
activated by PYCOMPILE=1 [1], located in gar.mk [2] and currently
limited to:

    _PYCOMPILE_FILES=/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/.*\.py.

I vaguely remember we limited it to this directory, because
_PYCOMPILE_FILES not only drives the exclusion, but also the pyc
compilation on installation [3] and in some cases compilation outside of
site-packages was undesired.

Sebastian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/categories/python/category.mk#L14
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.mk#L746