[csw-devel] blocking SunOS5.8 removals with csw-upload-pkg

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 6 01:46:25 CEST 2011

Hi Maciej,

In order to prevent someone (me) from touching the SunOS5.8 catalog by
removing packages (the default with --remove), you pointed me at
releases_web.py line 210.  I'm not clear on the best way to prevent
this action (in that function) other than raising an exception if the
osrel_name is SunOS5.8.  Maybe that is the best way to go but I'm not
positive.

Also, should we block adding a package to 5.8 without a specific
tool/interface?

Thanks
-Ben
--