[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[21544] csw/mgar/pkg/tiff/trunk

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 23 21:17:58 CEST 2013

On 23/07/2013 20:38, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> The reverse is true also. GCC doesn't change ABI's so often, quite
> rarely. If you look in our recipes, what I proposed is the more frequent
> form and it a good thing like that.

I lived through the bad times of GCC3.x, so I guess I got a bit burnt
back then.

> Are you maintaining the upstream project? From my point of view you're
> packaging it, which is quite different. If you look at what means
> "maintainer mode" in GNU standards you'll be quite surprised. This is
> why I think that such an option is to be activated only exceptionally in
> our situation.

Well, feel free to enlighten me. I admit I've not been able to find much
information about it, so since you know better, do tell, or give some
reference.

The help says that:
   --enable-maintainer-mode
                    enable make rules and dependencies not useful (and
                    sometimes confusing) to the casual installer

Since I believe what I'm doing is not casual installer stuff, it seems
adequate. What would it break?

Thanks,

Laurent