[csw-maintainers] Addition to pkginfo for repository path

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Dec 3 15:51:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:19:30AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this has been discusses earlier, but I want to take up
> the thread again:
> IMHO it would be very useful to have a separate field in the
> pkginfo(4) of each package pointing to the exact repository
> path and version,

useful for what additional purpose?

seems to me that we already potentially have this information now, with the
combination of:

1. modular gar, now makes it easy to automatically determine where
   in the tree a package comes from:

   (csw/mgar/pkg/{softwarename})

2. the PSTAMP is supposed to automatically get the version information now
  already.

So, this "additional information" field, would seem to me to be redundant
information?