[csw-maintainers] Hudson

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 3 22:04:27 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvel at opencsw.org> wrote:
> bldcat should be fixed to 1) select the latest version and 2) support
> multiple versions in the catalog.

For me this is a much larger issue than just changing bldcat. It's key
to pkgutil that every entry in the catalog is unique so that a first
match is enough. To make it support multiple versions wouldn't just
make it a lot more complex but also much slower since the whole
catalog must be parsed every time to make sure there's not another
version present later in the catalog.

Since we have always only supported the latest set of packages (in
current and stable) I don't see why we would give away the simplicity.
Why not do the same with testing, support the latest version of each
package?

I have tried to implement everything any one has asked for so far but
this feels wrong to me.

--
/peter