[csw-maintainers] Proper way to adopt / work on packages?

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Dec 3 22:04:41 CET 2008

Hi

> You can post on maintainers@ and announce that you will take it over
> and start working on it.

Maybe each maintainer could write on his wiki bio page his current work
and packages. Giving a list of package he is working on ?
> Commit early, commit often. An unfinished package description
> is better than no package description. Even when you don't
> finish it another maintainer may pick up your work later
> and continue with what you already did.

Yes commit early, but take care to the syntax of the makefile. It is
*prefered* that target check-upstream is working.  This target is used
to check for available updates of software sources.

Actually there is almost no public documentation about this. I'll write
some after Zurich. This target is croned each night to detect
availability of updates. Maintainers will be notified by email.

This is currently under test, and will be activated soon.

Cheers,
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net