[csw-maintainers] Proper way to adopt / work on packages?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 3 22:55:02 CET 2008

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Am 03.12.2008 um 13:36 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>> i am currently having a look at packages that are maintained by
>> retired
>> maintainers in order to adopt some of them. When i started working
>> on pv
>> [1] yesterday a question came to my mind:
>>
>> How do i know that no one else is putting effort in getting the same
>> package up to date? I would like to avoid duplicated work.
>
> You can post on maintainers@ and announce that you will take it over
> and start working on it.

Ok, will do, thanks. Another question regarding the "Retired" status.
What's the difference between packages managed by a retired maintainer
and orphaned packages? To me it feels the same.

Do we have a page like [1] that shows all the packages that are either
orphaned or managed by a retired maintainer? This way new maintainers
like me could just have a look at that one to find some packages to take
care of.

Sebastian

[1] http://opencsw.org/buglist/buglist.cgi