[csw-maintainers] Proper way to adopt / work on packages?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 4 09:11:14 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Am 03.12.2008 um 22:55 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> Do we have a page like [1] that shows all the packages that are either
> orphaned or managed by a retired maintainer? This way new maintainers
> like me could just have a look at that one to find some packages to
> take
> care of.

Not yet. The buglist lists packages that need care. This includes
critical bugs and also version upgrade requests. William is
working on a system which automatically checks for version upgrades
and files bugs against the package. So the buglist will become
even more important as it show which packages actually need care,
just to be orphaned is not really an issue for a package which has
no bugs and when there is no new version for 5 years.