[csw-maintainers] relatocatable packages and package scripts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 4 21:38:20 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 02:59:29PM -0500, Ben Walton wrote:

> Ok, I had confused the terminology in my head.  I was thinking that -R
> was relocatable, but that's not the proper Sun-blessed term for
> this.

nope. seems like you are talking about
"how do I handle a NON-RELOCATABLE (ie: not using BASEDIR) package, being
 called with   'pkgadd -R /some/thing mypkg'  ?"

> Are we ok to support PKG_INSTALL_ROOT and not worry about BASEDIR
> then, as far as CSW is concerned?

If your package doesnt use BASEDIR normally, then you dont have to worry
about it.

See other packages with postinstall scripts for more specific examples if
you like.