[csw-maintainers] Standard for package naming

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Dec 8 18:44:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:46:00PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 05.12.2008 um 15:10 schrieb Philip Brown:
> > On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:01:28AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> >> Personally I like *-devel, *-rt, *_devel and *_rt,
> >
> > i agree
>
> Could you please add this to the standards page?

Hm.. .actually, I overly agreed on one part of that.

I dont think that the "-" needs be mandatory for the PKG name.
I think that CSWmysql4devel CSWmysql5devel CSWoldapdevel are perfectly
readable and do not have to be redone to comply with some "new standard".

So I would say

CSWxxxdevel CSWxxxrt CSWxxxdoc

should be the standard for PKG names. if you want to use dashes, you can,
but it is not mandatory.  (mostly because "devel" is long enough, without
 making it even longer by requiring "-" on top of it)

Ok?