[csw-maintainers] KDE on build machines

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 9 18:23:00 CET 2008

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Dec 09 12:14:44 -0500 2008:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:59:16AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> > Do we need a newer version of KDE?
>
> even on the "3 series", there is 3.5.10 released aug 2008 Seems like
> there is somewhat of a parallel stream of v3 compared to v4 kde.

I'm a GNOME user myself, but various blogs, etc that I read track the
KDE progress (mostly from a Debian packaging perspective).  I'd
suggest that if someone wants to roll up the current version in the 4
series that the current 3.X also be offered.  If memory serves, the 4
stream won't reach feature parity with 3 until 4.2.  There was a lot
of drastic change that went into 4 and not all apps have caught up yet
(since it's still somewhat a moving target).

[This may be out of date, since I haven't seen anything for a few
months now...]

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.