[csw-maintainers] KDE on build machines

dlaigle dlaigle at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 10 00:16:48 CET 2008

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:14:44 -0800, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:59:16AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> Do we need a newer version of KDE?
>
> PS:
>
> even on the "3 series", there is 3.5.10 released aug 2008
> Seems like there is somewhat of a parallel stream of v3 compared to v4
kde.

Exactly! 3.5.10 is still _THE_ stable release currently. As I proposed to
Dago, I took the bill for the build of kde 3.5.10 with GCC3 for the package
kde-gcc and I started as of today. This will allows me to release kdevelop
3.5.3.  On the other hand, regarding KDE 4, I think it is worth to have kde
4 built with Sun Studio instead (over CSWQt). But I rather let this job to
any other volunteer.

- Dominique