[csw-maintainers] update to libxml2

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 10 15:45:13 CET 2008

Hi All,

Dago was kind enough to roll an updated libxml2 package for me that
places the xml and sgml catalogs in /opt/csw/etc  instead of /etc.
I'm going to need this installed on the buildfarm to proceed with
building another package shortly (in addition to a few other things
that rely on it).

Is anyone out there with packages that depend on libxml2 concerned
about this change?  Nobody has piped up yet...If you make use of
xmlcatalog to install, remove or otherwise manipulate catalogs (which
would have been registered in /etc/xml/catalog or /etc/sgml/catalog
previously), then you may want to consider the impact this change
could have for you...

I'm a single (I think) package dependency away from being able to
build a git + gitdoc package, so the sooner I can get these packages
signed off, released and installed on the buildfarm, the happier I'll
be.  That being said, I don't want to push for a change that will
negatively impact others.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.