[csw-maintainers] openssl vs certs

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 11 22:14:52 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:24:27PM +0100, Yann Rouillard wrote:
> I have kept the previously provided CA certificates in the opencsw
> package for compatibility purpose but never checked if all
> standard CA were present in that set.
>
> It would make more sense to create a ca-certificates package like
> Debian, I will work on this.

for historical documentation purposes, would you mention why you believe it
"makes more sense" to do this?

I am presuming, "because it will be easier to update certs on-demand as
needed", and/or "because more than one package can make use of it, even if
it doesnt technically use "openssl"
(such as GNUtls)