[csw-maintainers] New catalog "unstrict"

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Dec 13 13:54:16 CET 2008

Hi,

I want to pick up the thread on a more open catalog
("unstrict/" or "open/") which is a superset of current/
where it is not necessary to provide versions for all
Solaris releases or sparc/x86. Being able to migrate
freely between sparc and x86 and being able to upgrade
Solaris versions for current/ I consider very important.
The separate catalog should make clear that this strict
policy is not valid when using the other catalog. That
means "unstrict" contains all packages from current, but
additional ones like cvsup, opera, tme etc.