[csw-maintainers] New catalog "unstrict"

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 15 02:44:26 CET 2008

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Sun Dec 14 16:23:47 -0500 2008:

> We already have dtracetoolkit. How about the vendor does not make
> a version (like Opera Solaris 8 x86, right?) or there is no
> assembly backend (like for CVsup Solaris x86). Theoretically this
> could be written, but is a much bigger work than tweaking flags
> or writing a couple-of-lines patch.

Does it have to be done centrally, or would extending the tools to
handle multiple sources (ala apt/yum) be a better approach.  That way,
anyone that wanted to could publish a catalog and users/sites could
pick and choose a superset of 'strict' CSW to meet their needs at
their own discretion?

This would take time, of course...

Just thinking out loud.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.