[csw-maintainers] New catalog "unstrict"

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 15 02:53:05 CET 2008

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Dec 14 20:46:40 -0500 2008:
> having multiple arbitrary source sites for packages is a support
> nightmare.  That's why I explicitly chose to disallow that sort of
> thing in pkg-get.

Warranty void when using non-csw-blessed catalogs?

> (besides from it being a programming nightmare :-)

Certainly more difficult!  I don't know if I like it either...just an
idea.

Ultimately, the more software we have packaged, the better off the
project is as a whole.  If some things are ridiculously difficult to
package for all the standard targets, we should find a way to make
them available so that they're still increasing the value of csw as a
whole.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.